This section explains mandatory steps to properly utilize a 978MHz NooElec Nano 2(+) SDR for 868MHz, to be able to receive Flarm/ OGN/ PilotAware/ Fanet or any other protocol for your Stratux anti-collision system.
Video in German
- 12:50 Configure Nooelec Nano 2 (+)
- 13:46 Configuration of the 1st SDR (1090 Mhz)
- 15:07 Configuration of the 2nd SDR (change from 978 MHz to 868 MHz)
How to PPM calibrate NooElec Nano 2(+) SDRs for the usage of 868MHz
- use Putty and login to your Stratux via SSH: (ssh [email protected]), password is "raspberry"
# enter Stratux's root directory sudo -s
# stop Stratux stxstop #get inventory of SDRs sdrs
- check SDRs serial number, usually displayed as "Serial number: str:978:0"
check the device ID - here: "0", where 0 is to be replaced with the respective ID
- change frequency by entering the below and choosing the SDRs device ID.
As an example: if original calibration of the 978MHz SDR shows "978:41", the new calibration has to be "868:41", etc:
rtl_eeprom -d 0 -s stx:868:0
- press "y" to confirm overwriting the new serial number
Check, if calibration to 868MHz was successful
- shutdown Stratux and power up again
- follow 1. from above
- type in:
- now you should see your SDR with the new serial ID
- type in the below to enable Stratux firmware again: